Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wordle

I love Wordle and have played around with it in the past.  I think that it is a wonderful tool for getting students to see Big Ideas or key information in a text.  I have used it when teaching Main Idea by taking a text and pasting it in Wordle to see what the important words are based on how often they are used.  I have also recorded students responses when they were sharing something interesting they learned from the days lesson or reading to see if we see any patterns or important terms to note as a class.  The students love the visual image and how the size of the words has a meaning.  I have not has students create their own yet this year, but I may have them write a refection on their year in fifth grade and then make a wordle of their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment